I’m probably going to get blasted for this, but I don’t care. I don’t consider myself a runner. I run, yes. But I’m not a runner like so many other people I know.
I know, I know, “if you run, you’re a runner”, blah blah blah. Nope. And I’m fine with that.
That being said, I just signed up for my first half marathon, which happens to fall on my birthday. So I’ll turn 46 while running 13.1 miles at the Capital City Half Marathon in Columbus on May 3. Scares the crap out of me, honestly. But I love a challenge, and running more than five miles certainly qualifies.
With that and Christmas looming, I figured I’d throw some running gear on my list, and ask for your suggestions on things I might need for my half.
- I would love a new set of headphones. The ones on the active.com list are a bit expensive, though. Map My Run had some cheaper ones.
- My iPhone armband is a bit worn out. And smelly. A new one might be in order.
- Since I started running a little more than two years ago, I’ve accumulated some medals and bibs that I’d like to display somehow. The active.com list has something that would work.
- Hats. I need hats. I like wearing a hat when I run, mainly to keep my mane out of my face. My favorite Denver Broncos hat is getting kind of gross with sweat stains, sadly.
- And, of course, socks. I really only have one good pair of running socks. That’s not going to cut it when I start running three times a week.
Any other suggestions from the runners out there?